I have very recently started to market myself on Instagram (you can check me out at dannyrwyoung). I’m super-excited about this because I’ve done lots of research and the key points I have found already appear to be working in terms of growing a following AND getting leads. So I thought this morning I’d share my top 10 tips with you here:
1. Link Instagram to your Facebook account through Instagram settings
2. Post to other social networks to let them know you are on Instagram, saying something like “Hey I am on Instagram, connect with me here – <your user name>”
3. Set up an attractive bio – focus on what you do, how you add value – and brand yourself, not your company!
4. Use brand images to brand yourself, and make sure that you have your website included on all of your business-related posts
5. Connect and engage with other popular Instagram accounts & brands
6. To grow your following, search for hashtags relevant to your market, find users that have attractive profiles, check them out, like a few of their posts and then ask to connect.
7. Run contests to gain more followers – you could give away coaching, training etc. – something of value that will attract people in your target audience
8. Add a blog widget using iconosquare.com
9. Post great content – as always, make sure your content is valuable and congruent.
10. Always use hashtags – up to 30 will stop you looking too spammy and desperate – a great app for this is TagsForLikes
Instagram is a fantastic way to build your contact list and get leads into your business QUICKLY – my recent results speak for themselves!
As always, if you this information is valuable, please like, share and comment. Thanks for reading!
P.S. If you would like to take your Instagram training to the next level, check out Instagram Queen April Marie Tucker’s FREE training and cheat sheet which you can access right here.